Monday, May 6, 2013

Masquerade (Heven and Hell) by Cambria Hebert Reivew


Let me just start off by saying that I can not believe that I waited this long to read this book. It has literally been on my TBR list for like a year now, but I finally got the opportunity to read it :D!

Heven is a seventeen year old girl that is always hiding behind her hood. Before the accident she used to be the most popular girl at school. Heven can not remember what happened that tragic night that resulted in her left side of the face being scarred. All that she can remember is that she was chased by a beast.

Sam knows what happened to Heven on the night she was attacked, and he knows the person that disfigured her face. Sam blames himself for what happened to her. His love for her has changed her life and has put her in danger. After seeing what happened to Heven, he vows to protect her from his own kind.

Where to begin on how amazing this book is! For starters, I seriously could not put this book down. I was intrigued by what the characters were experiencing, and then there was all of the mystery behind Heven's scars. I just wanted to keep reading to find out how she got the scars. I also wanted to find out the reason for why she got attacked. Now, I was seriously thinking that the thing that attacked her was a werewolf, and that Sam was a werewolf as well. I was totally not expecting Sam to be ....(DON'T WANT TO SPOIL IT). My jaw literally dropped to the ground. I was seriously not expecting this, but afterwards I was so excited to keep reading this book.

I really loved the protagonist, Heven, in the story. She actually progresses in the story. In the beginning of the story her self-esteem is very low, she does not value herself, and she is always trying to avoid people. Throughout the story Sam helps Heven value herself, by helping her see that she is beautiful, and has always been beautiful. In addition, Heven starts hanging out and talking to her old friends. In the end, she values herself and accepts the new person she has become.

Lastly, I really loved hearing both Heven's and Sam's point of view in the story. I loved how Cambria Herbert included Sam's point of view, but did not stray the focus of Heven's point of view. It was great reading a few scenes from Sam's point of view. Now, there are two other different point of views that are in the story, but these only show up a few times.

Overall, this was an enjoyable read that I can see myself re-reading soon. I recommend everyone that loves Hot, Sexy, Bad boys and paranormal, romance, and mystery in their books to read this. Plus, the cover art is gorgeous and what lies inside the book is amazing.

 FINAL VERDICT: 5 STARS

Also, don't miss out on her second book to this series called Charade :)!

Don't Forget to add it to your TBR on Goodreads:
Masquerade (Heven and Hell #) by Cambria Hebert

Books in the series:
Before (Heven and Hell #0.5)
Masquerade (Heven and Hell #1)
Between (Heven and Hell #1.5)
Charade (Heven and Hell #2)
Bewitched (Heven and Hell #2.5)
Tirade (Heven and Hell #3)
Beneath (Heven and Hell #3.5)
Renegade (Heven and Hell #4)


No comments:

Post a Comment