Welcome to my stop in the Just One Reason by Kirsten DeMuzio Blog Tour, hosted by Literati Author Services Inc :D! You can follow the blog tour HERE.
Title: Just One Reason
Author: Kirsten DeMuzio
Genre: New Adult Romance/Contemporary Romance 18+
Publication Date: July 19, 2013
Synopsis:As teenagers, Lindsay and Grady found a love together that few people are lucky enough to ever experience.
When Lindsay Ross decided to visit her aunt for the summer in a small lake town in New York, she didn’t expect anything other than an escape from her demanding parents. She certainly didn’t expect Grady Hawke. At the end of the summer, Lindsay and Grady made plans for their future and vowed to be together forever. Back in New York City, events beyond her control forced Lindsay to turn her back on Grady and their love.
Grady has spent the last five years trying to forget the one girl who broke his heart. But when Lindsay arrives back in town unannounced, will Grady get to know the woman she has become and find out the real reason she left him all those years ago? Or will he push her away for good?
Add Just One Reason by Kirsten DeMuzio to your TBR Pile-->Goodreads
Purchase One Reason by Kirsten DeMuzio:
Amazon (US) ~ Amazon (UK) ~ B&N ~ Kobo ~ Smashwords
Guest Post: 5 Things Every Author Needs
As a new self-published author, I have been doing a lot of research on how to up my chances at being successful. There are a gazillion articles on things that every author needs. I picked out a few that seemed most important. Let's see how I'm doing, shall we?
1. Somewhere to write - Ideally I would have a separate office with a nice view and comfortable furniture that would inspire me to write hours upon hours. In reality, my "office" is the far right cushion of our sectional sofa. Okay, maybe not ideal, but technically I do have someplace to write.
2. Writing ritual - I work full time at a job other than being an author. I am married. I have two daughters, ages 5 and 7. This leaves little time for writing, so I squeeze it in whenever I can. The hours of 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm almost every evening as well as 3-4 hours on the weekend are dedicated to my writing. I spend a lot of my other time thinking about my stories and playing out scenes in my mind, so that when I do sit down to write I am ready.
3. Social media skills - I have been on Facebook for a while, but mostly I just lurk and read what others post. Just in the last week have I signed up on Twitter. I am naturally an introverted person, so it is stepping way outside my comfort zone to share my random thoughts with the world. But I'm working on it.
4. Network of other authors - Since I have become an author, I have been following other authors in my same genre, New Adult Romance. Last month I watched a video chat with Colleen Hoover and Abbi Glines that they did while their families were on vacation together. I want an author friend to vacation with!! Where do I go to find one of these? If I find out, I'll be sure to let you know.
5. Passion for writing - So, we have determined I may be somewhat lacking in the other areas discussed above, but this is one I've got in spades. When people talk about finding their passion, I have heard some say to think about what you would do if you won the lottery and didn't have to work. I used to think that was the stupidest suggestion, because I'm pretty sure I could fill my time with shopping, napping, visits to the spa, more shopping, more napping. You get the idea. However, once I started writing, I totally understand this concept. For those that know me, they get what a big deal it is that I will now choose to spend a free two hours on a Saturday writing instead of napping. And I LOVE napping...but not as much as I love writing.
About the Author:
I am an author of new adult and contemporary romance novels. My husband and I live in Columbus, Ohio with our two young daughters and happy golden retriever. When I’m not spending time with my family, I can be found doing one of my other favorite activities - writing, reading and napping.