Sunday, December 29, 2013

KBT Readers 2013 Book Favorites Winners!

The votes are in and I was surprised to see that there were a few ties in some categories. I decided to show the top 3 winners in each category, because that is much easier. Congrats to all the authors and their books and thank you all for voting :D! Can't wait to do this again next year.



Favorite Book Cover:

 

 First Place

Broken by Kelly Elliott



Second Place (There was a tie)

Escaping Reality by Lisa Renee Jones

My Today by HJ Bellus

Fiance By Friday by Catherine Bybee

 

Third Place

Real by Katy Evans




Favorite Book:

 

First Place

Title: Broken

Author: Kelly Elliott

Series: Broken #1

Publication Date: November 19, 2013

Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

 

Synopsis:

Layton Morris and his brother Mike grew up not knowing what it would be like to live in a normal home. With no running water or electricity in their home, no parents around to protect them, they quickly learned how to survive and depend only on each other.

When a tragic accident takes Mike away from Layton, and the only other person that he ever let into his heart walked away from him, leaving his heart shattered, Layton focuses all of his time and energy into the ranch he and his brother dreamed of. He makes a vow to himself to never let love in again. The last thing Layton needed or wanted was more heartache.

Whitley Reynolds grew up in a privileged home in upstate New York. When she landed the star football player in high school no one was surprised, not even Whitley. She dreamed of a life with Roger living in New York City and happily followed him there.

The first time Roger hit her for arguing with him about a dinner party, she forgave him. The more it happened, the further Whitley withdrew from her friends and family. One fateful day things go to far. Whitley makes a promise to herself and finds the courage to do the one thing she thought she’d never be able to do.

Fleeing with her best friend Courtney, Whitley was determined to put her past behind her and start a new life in the small town of Llano, Texas, where no one would ever find out about her past.

Will they both ever learn to trust and love again, or will their pasts come back to haunt them, keeping them both alone and…

Broken.

 Second Place

Title: Brie Embraces the Heart of Submission

Author: Red Phoenix

Series: After Graduation #1-8

Publication Date: October 27, 2013

Genre: Erotica Contemporary Romance


Synopsis:

On the night of graduation, Brie Bennett offered her collar to the man who’d won her devotion during her time at the Submissive Training Center.

So begins the seductive sequel to Brie Learns the Art of Submission...

The intimate encounters Brie enjoys with her new Master are hot and deliciously challenging. On the flipside, despite her newly acquired skills, she discovers that being a sub also requires maturity, intelligence and willing sacrifice.

Her Master has a tragic past that he has kept hidden. She is unaware that someone is waiting in the wings, plotting to return and rip his world apart. Brie has troubles of her own, including an obsessive Dom who won’t let her go, parents who refuse to accept her new lifestyle, and a film that is struggling to see the light of day.

Brie’s journey with her Master brings both sweet ecstasy and unbearable pain. Friendships deepen and love grows, even as her life begins to crumble around her. To survive, Brie will need the strength of a love that binds her securely—heart and soul.

Third Place

Title: My Today

Author: HJ Bellus

Series: My Way #2

Publication Date: September 24, 2013

Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

 

Synopsis:

Lacey’s Story…
Covering up pain is easy. It’s keeping it tucked away that’s hard. I’ve always needed the cover of tattoos to hide the nasty past that leached its way into me, tainting me beneath my skin. Not the shiny, trendy tats, but the ugly broken kind, meant to keep the world at bay. If they weren’t enough, then my piercings, foul mouth and crazy hair usually did the trick. Life had taught me to never follow the rules, because when you do, you get burned.
That philosophy served its purpose, until I met someone who turned my life upside down. Milly, the little hoochie, stormed into my life and changed everything with her undying faith in me, her love and her shitty coffee concoctions. I found a family in Milly, and her sexy farm boy, Cree. She accepted me without hesitation, and never ran from the dark and dangerous secrets that I harbored. My new family loved me unconditionally, with their showers of sprinkles and impromptu dance parties.
My life was perfectly imperfect until Tripp and his crazy-ass ideas of princesses. Our relationship is what most would describe as fuel meeting fire. We were both hell bent on burning each other to the ground. Tripp, fresh out of rehab, moved in with Milly and Cree to try and make a new life for himself. Tripp, the sexy as hell, charismatic beast, soon became one of my best friends. We shared our love of ice cream and tattoos as we blazed our own path that could only lead to a beautiful train wreck. The only question left is, will we set the countryside ablaze with our hot tempers and foul mouths, or will we paint our own happy ending filled with all the gushy shit normal people crave?





Favorite Book Boyfriends Girl:

 

First Place 

Whitley from Broken by Kelly Elliott

 

Second Place

Lacey from My Today by HJ Bellus


Third Place

Eva from Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan



Best Kiss:


First Place

Lacey & Tripp from My Today by HJ Bellus


Second Place

Eva & Duece from Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan


Third Place

Celeste & Adrian from Everything I've Never Had by Lynetta Halat



Favorite Couple: 

 

First Place

Whitley & Layton from Broken by Kelly Elliott

 

Second Place

 Lacey & Tripp from My Today by HJ Bellus

 

Third Place

 Roni & Lucas from Hot Buttered Yum by Kim Law

 

 

Favorite Debut Author:

First Place

HJ Bellus - My Now & Forever

 Synopsis:

Whose parents abandon them in a trashy trailer when they are five years old? Oh Yeah! Mine do!

Hey Hoochies! I'm Milly, and I am tired of taking kicks to the gut. A broken family, an asshole husband and the loss of loved ones have left me crying Uncle, and declaring a serious case of the Fuck-Its!

I had my heart broken, stomped on and shattered before I ever started on my journey to find my little piece of happiness. With a bucket list, a '66 Ford and wild dreams, I set out on an adventure that changed my life forever. Follow me on my journey that resurrected my inner badass.

I found my soul sista from another mista, and opened my dream shop along the way. Just when I gave up on finding true love, a pirate and a princess swept me off my ever lovin' feet and filled my world with sprinkles, mac n’ cheese and the courage to live again. They forced my fragile heart to trust and love without fear.

Truth is, nobody’s past stays hidden forever. It’s an invisible monster waiting to attack and destroy. It has the capability to ruin everything you’ve worked to set right. All it takes is one final blow to the gut to end everything.

Second Place

Katy Evans - Real

Synopsis:

A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?

Third Place

Scarlett Dawn - King Hall 

Synopsis:

 A fresh, meaty, sink-your-teeth-in-and-hold-on-tight new adult fantasy series kicks off with King Hall…

King Hall — where the Mysticals go to learn their craft, get their degrees, and transition into adulthood. And where four new Rulers will rise and meet their destinies.

Lily Ruckler is adept at one thing:  survival.  Born a Mystical hybrid, her mere existence is forbidden, but her nightmare is only about to start. Fluke, happenstance, and a deep personal loss finds Lily deeply entrenched with those who would destroy her simply for existing — The Mystical Kings.  Being named future Queen of the Shifters shoves Lily into the spotlight, making her one of the most visible Mysticals in the world. But with risk comes a certain solace — her burgeoning friendships with the other three Prodigies: a wicked Vampire, a wild-child Mage, and a playboy Elemental. Backed by their faith and trust, Lily begins to relax into her new life.

Then chaos erupts as the fragile peace between Commoners and Mysticals is broken, and suddenly Lily realises the greatest threat was never from within, and her fear takes on a new name: the revolution.


Favorite Secondary Character:

 

First Place

Courtney from Broken by Kelly Elliott

 

Second Place

Lacey from My Now & Forever by HJ Bellus

 

Third Place

Mrs. Rylander from Hot Butter Yum by Kim Law 



Favorite Book Boyfriend:


First Place

Remy from Real by Katy Evans

 

Second Place

Kellan from Reckless by S.C. Stephens

 

Third Place

Tripp from My Today by HJ Bellus

 

Thank you for voting and congratulations to all the authors :D! I will be choosing winners for the giveaway next week. I will also be posting my favorites of 2013 tomorrow :D!

 

 

  

 

 


 

 

 



 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment