Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My Favorites of 2013 :D!

On Sunday I revealed KBT Readers Book Favorites of 2013. Now it is time to reveal my Favorites of 2013! This is the first time that I do a favorites list and it was hard to pick just a few books for each list. I also want to clarify that the list is in NO SPECIFIC ORDER, because I really can't list them from most favorite to least favorite. All of these books are in one, more than one, or all of my list for one reason- these are my favorites of 2013 and they can not be put in any specific order. If you click on the authors name it will take you to their goodreads link, and if you click on the title of the book it will take you to the amazon link. What were some of your favorites this year?


Favorite Debut Author:

Lynetta Halat - Every Rose   

 Pepper Winters - Tears of Tess

Emma Chase - Tangled

 Mia Asher - Arsen

 Krista & Becca Ritchie - Addicted to You

 

 

 Favorite Stand Alones:

Willing Captive by Belle Aurora

"Belle Aurora really caught my interest from page one and held it all the way to the end. I stayed up until 2:00 a.m. the day I started reading it, because I couldn't and didn't want to put the book down. I just didn't want this book to end. Belle Aurora delivers humor, love, friendship, betrayal, and trust in Willing Captive."-My Thoughts (REVIEW)

 

Every Rose by Lynetta Halat

 "Lynetta Halat delivers a bittersweet romance between two people, who are very different from each other, but at the same time not so different as they believe. Every Rose is one of those books that you can not stop reading until you reach the end. Once you've reached the end you will be left speechless, and won't be able to stop thinking about it. Every Rose will forever be inked into my heart"- My Thoughts (REVIEW)

Arsen by Mia Asher

"Arsen by Mia Asher has been one of the most raw, heart-wrenching, original, and emotionally intense books I have read this year. I've NEVER had my emotions in so much turmoil by reading a book before- that is until I read Arsen. Her writing is raw, intense, heart wrenching, original, captivating, enticing, addictive, and unforgettable. This is one of those books that will have you on a book hangover."- My Thoughts (REVIEW)


Escaping Me by Elizabeth Lee

"This is the first book I've read by Elizabeth Lee (I have Give Me Something, but have not read it yet), and let me just tell you that I am a FAN of her writing. I loved reading from both Whitney's and Cole's POV. This is one of those books that you can enjoy reading at the beach, outside in your backyard, or whenever you need a warm read to warm you up."- My Thoughts (REVIEW)


Beautiful Disaster by Jamie MaGuire

I don't have a review for this one, but I was just addicted to Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. Once I started it, I couldn't put it down because I wanted to know what was going to happen with Travis and Pigeons relationship. My jaw dropped a few times to the ground with the shocking revelations and twists in the story.



Favorite Book Boyfriend:

Ford from Rook & Ronin Series + Slack by J.A. Huss

 "I'll ruin everything if you touch me. I'll ruin us. I'll ruin this. I'll ruin you, just like you said. I'll ruin you and I'll ruin you're life. And I love you too much to ruin you."- Panic

"I'm a freak looking for a freak. A freak that can relate to me."- Slack

Nox from Willing Captive by Belle Aurora

 Feeling protective of my girl, I decide to let her in on one little secret. “Doesn’t matter where you are, baby. I’ll come for you.” She lifts her watery eyes to mine and I state confidently, “I’ll come for you.”


Michael from Every Rose by Lynetta Halat

"I've never forgotten any moment I've spent with you. A couple of them I tried to forget because of my stupidity but couldn't quite manage it because, however stupid I was, you had started in that memory."

Harrison from My Unexpected Forever by Heidi McLaughlin

 She has to know there isn’t a woman alive that can hold a candle to her. She has every ounce of my attention and more.

I’ll let her into my world if she’ll give me one little glimpse of hers. That’s all I ask for.

 

 Charming from Charmed by Cambria Hebert

“I’ve been dead for so long that I forgot what it was like to live. I forgot what it was like to feel. Even still, I’m pretty sure nothing I had experienced was ever like this. You brought me back to life, Frankie. You make me want to live.”





Favorite Heroines:

 Celeste from Everything I've Never Had by Lynetta Halat

Lily from Willing Captive by Belle Aurora

  Frankie from Charmed by Cambria Hebert

Jessa from Let Me In by Michelle Lynn

 Jenna from Finding My Forever by Heidi McLaughlin

 

Favorite series I read this year:

 Monsters in the Dark by Pepper Winters - Tears of Tess & Quintessentially Q

Rook & Ronin by J.A. Huss - Tragic, Manic, Panic

 Dark Duet by C.J. Robets - Captive in the Dark + Seduced in the Dark (Didn't include Epilogue, because I didn't get the chance to read it )

 Beaumont by Heidi McLaughlin - Forever My Girl, My Unexpected Forever, Finding My Forever (Still need to read novella)

The Invisibles by Michelle Lynn - Don't Let Go + Let Me In

 

 Favorite Meaningful Tattoos:

 Trey from The Thrill of It by Lauren Blakely

 Sunbursts, Phoenix, Trees. (Can't expand more without ruining the story)

 

 Michael & Lorriana from Every Rose by Lynetta Halat

Michael's rose tattoo & Lorriana's two roses tattoo.


Q & Tess from Monsters in the Dark by Pepper Winters

Q's sparrows tattoo & Tess's barcode tattoo with the sparrow and number 58. In the second book I loved the letter 'Q' with sparrow as tail of the 'Q', and the bird cage with a letter 'T'.


Harrison from My Unexpected Forever by Heidi McLaughlin

 The last tattoo he gets at the end of My Unexpected Forever.


Favorite authors I discovered this year:

J.A. Huss - Tragic

Belle Aurora - Willing Captive

Lauren Blakely - The Thrill of It

Heidi McLaughlin - Forever My Girl

 Elizabeth Lee - Escaping Me

 Jamie McGuire - Beautiful Disaster

 

 Other books I loved that are part of a series. Some of these I only got to read the first book or I liked the second book better.


The Thrill of It by Lauren Blakely 

Undescribable by Shantel Tessier

Charmed by Cambria Hebert

Nearly Broken by Devon Ashley

Addicted to You by Krista & Becca Ritchie

Tangled by Emma Chase

 Beautifully Awake by Riley Mackenzie



Favorite Series Book Covers:

Rook & Ronin by J.A. Huss

Monsters in the Dark by Pepper Winters

No Regrets by Lauren Blakely

Beaumont by Heidi McLaughlin

 Closer to You by A.L. Jackson

Undescribable by Shantel Tessier

Collide by Gail McHugh



Favorite Stand Alone Book Covers:

Taut by J.A. Huss

 Cherry Girl by Raine Miller

 Veiled Innocence by Ella Frank

Arsen by Mia Asher

Everything I've Never Had by Lynetta Halat

Fighting Redemption by Kate McCarthy

Scarred Beautiful by  Beth Michele


Books I wished I had the time to read this year:

Torn from You by Nashoda Rose

 Broken by Kelly Elliott

Unteachable by Leah Raeder

Killing Sarai by J.A. Redmerski

Sempre by J.M. Darhower

Enslaved By the Ocean by Bella Jewel

Fighting Redemption by Kate McCarthy

Making Faces by Amy Harmon

 All the Pretty Lies by M. Leighton

 Very Bad Things by Ilsa Madden-Mills

 

 

Eagerly awaiting releases of 2014:

Twisted Together by Pepper Winters

 Every Second With You by Lauren Blakely

 Used by Lynetta Halat

 Taut by J.A. Huss

Come to Me Softly by A.L. Jackson

Raw by Belle Aurora

 Last Shadow by Pepper Winters

Take a Chance by Abbi Glines

Love, Your Concierge by Jessica Ingro

 

No comments:

Post a Comment