Thursday, July 18, 2013

Swoon Thursday #10: Charmed & Nearly Broken

It's Swoon Thursday, hosted by  YA Bound. This is a weekly meme, which I will be doing every single Thursday :D! Here is how it works:

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog. We want to know!
 This week I am swooning over Charmed by Cambria Hebert and Nearly Broken by Devon Ashley :D! 


Swoon #1:

“I don’t take orders from you.” Damn my breathless voice!
    “No?” he asked, amused, the corner of his lips tilting slightly. “What will you take     from me?”
    My back hit the nearby brick retaining wall. And I was completely surrounded. One     of his hands crawled around to the small of my back and grabbed a handful of the red     silk.
    I didn’t have time to say anything. To declare I couldn’t even stand his presence. I     wouldn’t have been able to form a sentence anyway because he yanked me forward     and his mouth covered mine.
    Aggressive. That’s how he kissed. Like he was staking a claim, not only on my lips,     but my entire body.  


Swoon #2:

He pushed me down in the sand, his body coming over mine and blocking out the stars that glistened like jewels in the night sky above us. “I’m going to kiss you now,” he murmured, already brushing his lips across mine. “Don’t bother to try to fight it. It’s a fight you won’t win.” 


Swoon #1:

In one swift motion, he released me, only to thrust his biceps beneath my arms, lifting until our shoulders met and slamming me against the wall, mashing his body into mine. I barely had time to gasp before his lips shoved against mine. His kisses were hungry and rough, almost desperate, and tasted of salt as my tears came between us.

 

What did you think of the swoons?

 

Leave me a link to your Swoon Thursday post in the comments below :D!   

 

3 comments:

  1. Wow thank you so much for swooning over Charmed!!! This is awesome and I love the little teaser you chose! What an awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I have to add these series to my list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Swoon's Kassie! I love an alpha, take-charge male! Charmed sounds like a story full of swoons! Nearly Broken sounds pretty good too! Thanks for bringing these two books to my attention!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete