Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"Waiting on" Wednesday #9: Unteachable, Becoming More, & Frigid

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

 

This week I have three books that I am eagerly awaiting :D! I am eagerly awaiting Unteachable by Leah RaederBecoming More by Bayli Lane, & Frigid by J.Lynn :D!

 

Title: Unteachable

 

Author: Leah Raeder

 

Series: NA

 

Expected Publication Date: August 1, 2013

 

Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

 

Description from Goodreads: 

I met him at a carnival, of all corny places. The summer I turned eighteen, in that chaos of neon lights and cheap thrills, I met a man so sweet, so beautiful, he seemed to come from another world. We had one night: intense, scary, real. Then I ran, like I always do. Because I didn’t want to be abandoned again.

But I couldn’t run far enough.

I knew him as Evan that night. When I walked into his classroom, he became Mr. Wilke.

My teacher.

I don’t know if what we’re doing is wrong. The law says one thing; my heart says screw the law. I can’t let him lose his job. And I can’t lose him.

In the movies, this would have a happy ending. I grow up. I love, I lose, I learn. And I move on. But this is life, and there’s no script. You make it up as you go along.

And you don’t pray for a happy ending. You pray for it to never end.

 

This is one of my new discoveries, but it sounds like my type of read. I was sold by "In the movies, this would have a happy ending. I grow up. I love, I lose, I learn. And I move on. But this is life, and there’s no script. You make it up as you go along." Can't wait to get my hands on this baby. 

 

Title: Becoming More

 

Author: Bayli Lane

 

Series: NA

 

Expected Publication Date: July 2013

 

Genre: New Adult

 

Description from Goodreads:

At first it was all freedom, fun, and games for Lilly Fairfield. Being a freshman in college was supposed to create some of the best memories of her life, especially with her best friend, Lauren, and longtime boyfriend, Sander, by her side.

But the excitement begins to slip away when the people closest to her start to change. They begin moving in a direction Lilly doesn’t want to go, forcing Lilly to be faced with a decision. Should she fight for her relationships with both Sander and Lauren or move on to something different? Something unknown. Someone like…

Colton Davenport. Colton isn’t Lilly’s typical type. He's shockingly sexy with his colorful tattoos, shiny silver lip ring, and ear gauges. His smile alone leaves her breathless. Then again, she hasn’t had a specific type other than Sander. When she meets Colton she feels an automatic attraction that stuns her into utter stillness. She can’t look away, doesn’t want to look away.

Lilly must decide between a life with Sander, a life she always thought she wanted, and an unknown path with Colton.

Will Lilly make the right choices for her future, Becoming More?
 

 

I will be honest and admit that I added this book to my TBR pile because of the book cover. After reading the synopsis I was sold with "He's shockingly sexy with his colorful tattoos,..." I have a weakness for boys with tats :).


Title: Frigid

 

Author: J. Lynn (Jennifer L. Armentrout)

 

Series: Frigid #1

 

Expected Publication Date: July 30, 2013

 

Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

 

Description from Goodreads:

For twenty-one-year-old Sydney, being in love with Kyler isn't anything new. They'd been best friends ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Somewhere over the years, she fell for him and fell hard. The big problem with that? Kyler puts the 'man' in man-whore. He's never stayed with a girl longer than a few nights, and with it being their last year in college, Syd doesn't want to risk their friendship by declaring her love.

Kyler has always put Syd on a pedestal that was too high for him to reach. To him, she's perfect and she's everything. But the feelings he has for her, he's always hidden away or focused on any other female. After all, Kyler will always be the poor boy from the wrong side of tracks, and Syd will always be the one girl he can never have.

But when they're stranded together at a posh ski resort due to a massive Nor'easter, there's nothing stopping their red-hot feelings for each other from coming to the surface. Can their friendship survive the attraction? Better yet, can they survive at all? Because as the snow falls, someone is stalking them, and this ski trip may be a life-changer in more ways than one.

 

I have read books by Jennifer L. Armentrout before, and absolutely love her writing. I can't wait to read her New Adult Contemporary Romance :D! 

3 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for Frigid for forever! I cannot wait for that one! And I am adding Unteachable and Becoming More to my TBR right now! Man! Everytime I pop over here I discover so many new books! I love it! Great picks Kassie!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Frigid! I was lucky enough to have someone who lent me an ARC and it is incredible. You will adore it. Thanks for stopping by my wow

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives




    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I have Frigid on pre-order. The other two look great to.

    ReplyDelete