Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #10: Stripped, Manic, & Ricochet

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

 

This week I am eagerly anticipating Stripped by Jasinda Wilder, Manic by J.A. Huss, and Ricochet by Krista & Becca Ritchie :D!

 

Title: Stripped

 

Author: Jasinda Wilder

 

Series: NA

 

Expected publication Date: August 16, 2013

 

Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

 

Description from Goodreads:

So how did I get myself into this situation, you ask? Simple: desperation. When you're faced with being homeless and hungry or taking off your clothes for money, the choice is easier than you'd imagine. That doesn't make it easy, though. Oh no. I hate it, in fact. There's nothing I'd like more than to quit and never go into another bar again, never hear the techno beat pulsing in my ears again, never feel the lecherous gazes of horny men again.

Then, one day, I meet a man. He's in my club, front and center. He watches me do my routine, and his gaze is full of hunger. Not the kind of desire I'm used to though. It's something different. Something hotter, deeper, and more possessive. I know who he is; of course I do. Everyone knows who Dawson Kellor is. He's People Magazine's Sexiest Man alive. He's the hottest actor in Hollywood. He's the man hand-picked for the role of Rhett Butler in the long-awaited remake of Gone With the Wind.

He's the kind of man who can have any woman in the entire world with a mere crook of his finger. So what's he doing looking at me like he has to have me? And how do I resist him when he looks at me with those intoxicating, changeable, quicksilver eyes?

I'm a virgin, and he's an American icon of male sexuality. I'm a stripper, and he's a man used to getting anything and everything he wants. And he wants me. I know I should say no, I know he's the worst kind of player…but what my mind knows, my body and my heart may not.

And then things get complicated.

  

I heard about Stripped from a bunch of bloggers. So I read the blurb and it caught my interest. But once Jasinda Wilder shared a teaser on her blog, I just felt the need to have this book in my hands :D!

 

Title: Manic

 

Author: J.A. Huss

 

Series: Rook & Ronin #2

 

Expected Publication Date: August 1, 2013

 

Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

 

Description from Goodreads:

TRAGIC is over and Rook is ready for the future—Spencer Shrike and the STURGIS contract!

It’s three months of body art modeling! That means three months of Spencer Shrike’s paintbrush all over her body, three months in front of Antoine’s camera, and three months of twenty-four hour filming for Spencer’s Biker Channel reality show.

Wait a minute…what reality show? Maybe she should’ve read that STURGIS contract a little closer? ;)

Sure, Rook’s bank account is almost overflowing, but Ronin is angry, Clare is trying to escape rehab, Antoine is a worried mess, and Elise is just trying to hold everyone together. Her new family is about to fall apart before she even gets the chance to enjoy them.

Add in a mysterious man from her past, a road trip to the famous Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, and a final show in front of the entire world where all her good are on display, and you’ve got Manic—a new adult contemporary romance that will definitely make your summer sizzle!

 

I read TRAGIC by J.A. Huss and let me just tell you that I absolutely LOVED it!!!! So I can't wait to read what happens next with Rook and Ronin in Manic :D. If you haven't read Tragic yet, then you are missing out on Tragicaly Hot story ;).

 

Title: Ricochet

 

Author: Krista & Becca Ritchie

 

Series: Addicted #1.5

 

Expected Publication Date: August 1, 2013

 

Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

 

Description from Goodreads:

Lily and Lo's story continues: The three months following the conclusion of Addicted to You.

Includes the first chapter to the sequel Addicted for Now.

**There will be no ARC copies for Ricochet. It's coming out very, very soon. Keep on the lookout. August 1st!**
 

 

I read Addicted to You by Krista & Becca Ritchie and became addicted to Lily and Lo's story. Addicted to You is one of my favorite reads of 2013, and I am so excited to read this novella. Need to get my Lily and Lo fix :D!!!

 

BTY: I am giving away (3) Kindle copies of Addicted to You by Krista & Becca Ritchie and (2) Kindle copies of TRAGIC by J.A. Huss for my 150 Followers Giveaway!

 

Have you heard about these books?

 

What books are you waiting for this week? Leave a link to your WoW post on your blog in the comments, or if you don't have a blog tell me in the comments :).

 

   

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I'm excited about Stripped too! And I still need to read Tragic! I wasn't sure how it would be but I see everyone loves it. Great picks Kassie!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete